Universitas Negeri Padang (UNP) is one of the oldest universities in Indonesia. UNP firstly established as a Teacher Education College in Batusangkar, West Sumatera, Indonesia, on September 1, 1954. The Teacher Education College then became the Institute of Teacher Training and Education (IKIP Padang). In 1999, its status changed as a University with a greater mandate which also led to non-education study programs.
On its development, UNP has focused consistently on its main mission in education while also to produce other professional fields. UNP is ready to set its vision to become a leading university based on devotion to God, the Almighty, and to compete globally in various fields of education, knowledge, technology, sports, language and arts in Southeast Asia until 2020. UNP aims to do as a superior center in various fields of education, knowledge, technology, sports, language, and art.
Becoming a leading faculty with national and global insight in the Southeast Asia region in 2020 in the fields of Technology and Vocational Education (PTK) and in the fields of professional vocational and engineering.
- Carrying out education in the field of Technology and Vocational Education (PTK), vocational, and engineering based on the pillars of education.
- Developing research and assessment in the framework of the application of science and technology.
- Developing community service activities through the application of knowledge and technology in the field of PTK, vocational, and engineering that are relevant to the needs of the society.
- Taking active role as a center for renewal and information in the field of PTK, vocational, and engineering.
- Developing partnerships with other domestic and foreign institutions in the fields of PTK, vocational, and engineering.
Human Resources and Facilities:
The teaching staffs of the faculty have educational qualifications ranging from masters to doctoral degrees whose are graduated from domestic and foreign. Some teaching staff also has special expertise and good reputation in national, regional, and international level. The faculty provides classrooms that use air conditioning, libraries, Wi-Fi, several labour and workshops for mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, mining, civil engineering, and automotive engineering.